Infection Prevention Society
Environment, Cleaning and Decontamination Programme
150 IPS members gathered in Northampton on 23rd November 2021 for the inaugural conference of this new IPS educational ‘pillar’. This was a free-to-attend event chaired by Lisa Butcher, Vice President of the IPS.
The event had six themes - water, ventilation, decontamination, environmental cleaning, hand hygiene and a panel discussion. Speakers had been asked to provide content that was both scientifically of interest and also material that delegates could take back and deploy/implement at their place of work.
We were delighted to have been able to attract some of the finest speakers available including:
- Lisa Butcher - IPS Vice President
- Peter Hoffman Consultant Clinical Scientist
- Martin Kiernan - Clinical Fellow Richard Wells Research Centre
- Jon Otter - Director of Infection Prevention & Control, Guy's and St Thomas'
- Daniel Pitcher - Founder, The Water Hygiene Centre
- Karren Staniforth - Clinical Scientist Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
Going forward the objective for the programme is to build on this first foundation and next year bring forward bite-size educational opportunities based on the conference themes leading once again to a further large conference style event in the autumn. Planning for next year will commence shortly and updates will be posted here and also on the IPS Twitter Feed.