Journal of Infection Prevention is the professional publication of the Infection Prevention Society.
It is provided as a benefit to members of the Infection Prevention Society, members have full access to the journal through the members’ only section of this website. For more information on the journal please visit: http://journals.sagepub.com/home/bji .
Find out more about becoming an IPS member
The aim of the journal is to advance the evidence base in infection prevention and control, and to provide a publishing platform for all health professionals interested in this field of practice. Journal of Infection Prevention welcomes papers that address aspects of infection prevention and control and contribute to development and understanding of relevant theory or practice.
- Original research articles
- Reviews providing detailed overview and analysis of research evidence on an aspect of infection prevention and control
- Letters referring to topics raised by papers already published in the Journal of Infection Prevention or elsewhere, or novel findings meriting rapid dissemination
- Short Reports
- Research based commentaries
The journal has a rapidly developing, multi-professional author and readership base, including:
- Infection prevention and control professionals
- Public health and health protection specialists
- Pharmacists with an interest in antimicrobial agents
- Allied health professionals
- Primary care professionals including general practice staff, dental staff and sexual health specialists.
The multi-professional Editorial Board are keen to support new authors and are happy to provide guidance on planning and writing papers for publication. For advertising, reprint and supplement opportunities please contact Neil Chesher, Commercial Sales Executive Neil.Chesher@sagepub.co.uk